Teachers Try Science (TTS) is a teacher training program launched in 2014 in collaboration with Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) of Haryana and IBM India. The program is designed to train Champion Trainers of the District Institutes of Education and Training (DIET) faculties, who promote the curriculum and education under the Teachers Try Science (TTS) in Haryana and Madhya Pradesh.
In 2017-18, 114 Champion Trainers were able to capacitate approximately 4,960 teachers who further reached out to more than 2,00,000 students from 1,240 Govt. schools. The basic objective of the program is to deliver Science education to every child by empowering teachers by using low cost, no cost or recycled material and encouraging the interactive teaching of Science in a more holistic manner.
The program aims at:
• Building the capacities of DIET faculty on innovative Science practices.
• Preparing selected schools in their respective districts to promote Science education.
• Preparing the teachers and children to participate at District, State & National level Science exhibitions, theatre and drama.
• Nurturing online Science community in Haryana education system.
• Promotion of leadership at school level.
The program also includes two online collaborative platforms: Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing (DIKSHA) and National Repository of Open Educational Resources (NROER). DIKSHA is MHRD’s national digital platform for teachers, which offers resources for teaching, learning, and professional development. It provides open, modular and scalable technology that state governments and other organizations can seamlessly integrate with their respective teacher – centric initiatives.